Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

We got all dressed up and went to mass on Christmas Eve. The girls loved their dressy skirts!

5 o'clock mass is the most crowded, so to make room they ask the kids to sit on the steps at the front of the church. Both Lindsey and Leslie went up. I was VERY worried about how they would behave. Leslie did REALLY well, I was surprised. She stood and sat when she was supposed to, and only fell backwards from the steps twice. About half way through she decided to come back and sit with us. Lindsey did okay, but talked to her friend the whole time. Three times I caught her eye and told her to be quiet, but.... So about 3/4 of the way through she came back to tell me she loved me, and which point I told her I loved her too...and that she wasn't going back up front because she wouldn't stop talking while the priest was.

We came home and had a quick pizza dinner and watched Tinkerbell, which David now loves because Tinkerbell is a Tinker...an engineer in his eyes.

We put out our cookies and milk, and check the status of Santa or Norad. Lindsey finally went to bed at 9, and we relaxed for a while by the tree.

No comments: