Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yes...Obama is visiting my factory

Everybody keeps asking, so I might as well let everybody know. President Barack Obama and a whole herd of Secret Service dudes will be stopping by Bldg HH on Thursday. The Secret Service has already been snooping around and there is a lot of cleanup going on. There is an all employee meeting tomorrow morning with all the details, so I don't know much yet. I don't even know if I will be part of the event. When George W. Bush visited Bldg SS two years ago we shut down production and traffic was a mess for a while. I remember having to meet with suppliers at Steak-n-Shake down the road until the motorcade left and I could get back into the facility. I am guessing Barack is not visiting Bldg SS because everybody in Bldg LL/NN/SS is temporarily laid off this week. Not the best timing, but it does provide a nice backdrop for his stimulus package. I will keep you updated on what is planned, should be an interesting once (?) in a lifetime event.

No comments: