Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We made it to Florida

Sorry it took so long to write...

We started our day at 3:30am, waking up to get to the airport in Bloomington for a 6am flight. Everything went smoothly with the girls, they never went back to sleep though. Our flight to Atlanta landed early, so we had an hour rather than 30 minutes between flights. The one to Jacksonville arrived 15 minutes early, so we did really well.


We got to David's parents house and had lunch - we had to go through the McD's drive through, we were STARVING. The girls played for a bit and found their way around the house, then we tried taking naps. I was exhausted.


After napping we played some more. We went outside to feed the ducks/geese and two geese came up onto the shore to see Leslie. They wanted the bread she had. Sorry I didn't have my camera for that! We had dinner then headed for the beach to walk.

Now, we didn't wear swimsuits, we were going to just walk on the beach and pick up shells. I really should have known better. No sooner did we step foot into the sand, Lindsey headed straight for the water and started jumping waves. The next time I looked at her, she was wet up to her chest. She loved the water and waves.

Leslie was not such a fan of the water. It will take a while for her to get used to it. She was more than happy to make sand castles, which is pretty much what she did last year too. She had a lot of fun though.

Sorry I can't get pictures up right now. David is napping and the photos are on his locked laptop. I will post them here or a link to Picasa as soon as I can.

No comments: